In case of emergency

In case of emergency

Reminder to travellers: before visiting United Kingdom, you are strongly advised to familiarise yourself with the information available on the Visiting United Kingdom page.

In case of emergency

  • Contact Monaco Embassy to United Kingdom
  • Contact local authorities (police station, etc.) so that they can issue a loss or theft report
  • Contact the Monegasque authorities
  • Inform your relatives in Monaco
  • Contact your insurer and your bank

In the event of lost or theft

Of your debit/credit card

Immediately notify your card company so they can block the card (Carte Bleue, Visa, MasterCard, etc.).

Of your checkbook : Immediately notify your bank.

Of your ID card : Go to Registry Office of Monaco's Town Hall with the loss or theft report, to create a new ID card. Go to Monaco's Town Hall website.

Since the introduction of the Monaco Electronic ID, it is no longer possible to create this document remotely. The digital fingerprints as well as a picture of the cardholder will have to be digitised on site.

Of your passport : Fill in the form "Application for a Monegasque passport". Go to the procedure "How to obtain a passport".  

Send the demand to the Monaco Embassy or directly to the General Secretariat of the Government (Service des passeports).  

Of your driving license : Fill in a "demand for duplicate". Go to the page "How to declare the loss of a document and request a duplicate".

Send the demand to the Monaco Embassy or directly to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office along with a letter stating your status (student, intern, employee ...).

Of your mobile phone: Immediately block the telephone line by contacting your operator to prevent its wrongful use by a third party.

The Embassy of Monaco in United Kingdom stays available for any help regarding the loss or theft of identification papers. We strongly encourage you to keep a digital copy of all your identification papers