YMS - Young British citizens in Monaco
Our Monaco’s Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) has the objective of providing young British citizens with the opportunity to experience life in Monaco. The scheme is quota-based (1000 YMS certificates each year) and operates on a reciprocal basis.
You can apply for a YMS visa if you:
- are aged 18 to 30
- are a British citizen, habitually resident in the United Kingdom or who can produce a valid Monegasque residence permit
- have at least 2000 € in savings
- want to live and work in Monaco for up to 12 months
You can’t apply if you have:
- children who live with you
- children you’re financially responsible for
- already been in Monaco under the scheme
You are free to do whatever work they like in the Principality during the period of validity of the YMS certificate, except for:
- working as a professional sportsperson (including a sports coach)
- working for the Monegasque civil service or for the town council
- working as a doctor in training
However, no individual job or work experience placement may exceed six months in duration.
YMS certificate holders may also engage in privately-funded studies, voluntary work (in compliance with Monaco’s laws, directives and regulations) and au pair placements as they wish.
Find all the information about the application to YMS on the Public Services website : Studying and working in Monaco through YMS.